Sr. DataStage ETL Developer
San Antonio, TX
Sr. DataStage ETL Developer (2 Positions; Senior OR Lead)
On-site in San Antonio, TX
2 years Contract (or 6-month-contract-to-full-time depending on candidate preference).
Responsible for developing data flow architectures (designed by an Architect) within various integration patterns for loading analytical structures (DW, DM, ODS etc.), or integrating and migrating applications (EAI). In doing so, he/ she leverages industry-strength data movement technologies such as InfoSphere DataStage, Informatica PowerCenter, Kafka, Nifi, Spark, or others. The person must be able to:
· Utilize technical expertise; Create system requirements, perform design and analysis, and code and unit testing of complex to highly complex system functionality and/or defect correction across multiple platforms.
· Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
· Resolve complex technical design issues.
· Configure and customize the chosen ETL tool for client installations.
· Optimally leverage the ETL tool components for developing efficient solutions for data management, conversion, migration and integration. Develop overall design and determine division of labor across various architectural components (for example ETL tool vs. database).
· Deploy and customize Standard Architecture components.
· 3+ years of DataStage (or Informatica) experience required.
· 3+ years of Shell scripting experience required.
· Must have strong SQL skills.
· Familiarity/Knowledge of Control-M
· Thorough knowledge of relational data structures and data modeling concepts
· Financial Systems industry knowledge
· Preferred: Python Scripting experience.
· Preferred: API or Web-services experience.
· Preferred: Big Data Ecosystem or distributed data experience (Hadoop, HDFS, Hive or Spark)
· Preferred: Kafka or Nifi experience.
· Preferred: NoSQL experience (Couchbase, Cassandra, Graph, etc.)