Senior Audit Associate
The Senior Audit Associate will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day in-charge duties of planning, fieldwork and wrap-up for the preparation of third-party attestation reports, including Service Organization Control (SOC) 1, SOC 2, and WebTrust for CAs, applying most areas of the governing standard as necessary and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various control systems. This position may also be involved in other business process or IS assurance related engagements, including SOX, IT general control testing for private company financial audit engagements, and agreed-upon procedure engagements. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working directly with a CPA firm.
- Understanding and experience planning and coordinating the stages to perform an audit of a public and/or private company
- Knowledge of internal accounting controls and professional standards and regulations (GAAP, GAAS, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and the firm.
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently and within a group environment.
- Solid analytical and diagnostic skills and ability to break down complex issues and implementing appropriate resolutions.
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy.
- Ability to successfully interact with professionals at all levels.
- Solid project management skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel, as needed/required, up to 40%.
- Two to three years of prior experience in internal or external audit
- Prior experience with a CPA Firm
- One or more years of prior supervisory experience preferred
- Experience performing internal control reviews preferred
- Experience performing SOC, SOX or ISO 27001 engagements desired
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other relevant field required.
- Masters’ degree in Accounting and minor or dual major in Information Systems or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- Completion or actively pursuing completion of CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP or other relevant certifications preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with various assurance applications (e.g., UNIX, OS400, LINUX); and databases (e.g., Oracle, SQL) and research tools beneficial