Boston, MA 02111 US
- Will join a very busy team of 2 network engineers and will OWN all network responsibilities.
- Client has 2 data centers and cloud services
- Cisco-based environment.
- The data centers are being upgraded and will be moving to new locations in 2025. This person will review the plans for this upgrade and migration and provide input.
- Will own the day-to-day operation of the network including troubleshooting, fixing issues, etc.
- This is a senior position, 3-5 years of real, hands-on experience as a network engineer.
- Must have strong experience with switching, routing AND wireless.
- Need someone with experience leading an environment, who can work independently, wants to learn and take ownership of all things network.
- Someone who can clean up, bring best practices, opportunities to redesign and rethink how we’re doing things.
- Front and center individual who wants to make their mark.
- The role is an engineer level going to the architecture path or lead technician.
What has been lacking in resumes/candidates to date?
- “Inflated resumes” - Resumes have not matched people’s REAL skillset and experience.
- Lack of or not enough experience with the required technologies
- “Lab experience” - Some candidates experience working with the techs in a lab experience but have never been responsible for owning an actual network.
- Have lacked practical hands-on experience.
- Experience did not reflect ownership of a network.
Top 4 Required Skills
- 3-5+ yrs. experience as a Network Engineer working with Cisco products/gear AND owning a network environment.
- Current CCNP cert (or higher) MANDATORY.
- Experience with routing, switching AND wireless.
Worksite location Must be in the office 2-3 days/week –
Boston, MA - Summer Street