100% on-site in Phoenix, AZ
Duration: 2 months Contract to Perm
Data Engineers are engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. Data Engineers primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code). In addition, Data Engineers participate in design meetings and consult with business clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs, and interact and sometimes direct third party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives. This role is a solid, career-level role where functional and technical proficiency has been obtained, and incumbents display a depth of technical understanding within their respective areas of specialization allowing them to operate independently. Incumbents also display a proficiency that allows them to begin to mentor others (third party and internal resources) on procedural matters.
- Independently installs, customizes and integrates commercial software packages.
- Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues.
- Works with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing.
- Learns to create system documentation/play books and attends requirements, design and code reviews.
- Receives work packages from manager and/or delegates.
- Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
- Resolves complex technical design issues.
- Creates system documentation/play book(s) and participates as a reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews.
- May serve as the subject matter expert on development techniques.
- Partners with experienced team members to develop accurate work estimates on work packages.
- May serve as a mentor on procedural matters to less experienced internal and third-party team members.
- May assist experienced team members with the delegation of work packages.
- 4+ years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within Business Intelligence, ETL, and/or Data Engineering
- Strong ETL development experience
- Extensive Datastage development experience (strong preference; as a secondary would consider someone with Informatica; keep focus on DataStage)
- Solid experience developing, deploying and supporting high-quality, fault-tolerant data pipelines
- Proficient in at least one SQL language.
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies
Desired Skills (NOT Required):
- Experience with Hyperion, Java, Python, Scala or C++
- Experience with cloud-based data offerings (Amazon AWS, Google GCP, Microsoft Azure)
- Client wants to go to Hadoop ecosystem so experience with data movement and integration with Hadoop would be a plus.
- Client wants to move to NoSQL so any experience with distributed NoSQL databases and event brokers would be a plus (Apache Cassandra, Kafka, Graph databases, Document Store databases)
- Experience leveraging data streaming technologies/platforms would be a plus -Kafka, Nifi, Apex, Spark etc.
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, or OpenShift.
- Proficient in Linux or Unix related systems.
- Advanced distributed schema and SQL development skills including partitioning for performance of ingestion and consumption patterns
- Reporting experience with - BO, Tableau
- Cube development experience – Essbase
- World class benefits: Comprehensive healthcare (Medical, dental & vision), wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing education.
- On-site daycare/child development center
- Personal Concierge service
- Covered, enclosed parking (for contractors & FTE)
- Multiple eateries at location
- Starbucks on-site
- 24/7 large, state of the art fitness center
- Massages available on-site
- Healthcare Center & Pharmacy on-site (Allergy Shots available)
- State of the art facility
- Relaxation rooms
- TV areas
- Company store on-site
- Business casual OR Casual Dress environment